I understand how difficult it is to get on your feet, pick up that science book, and start studying.
It is hard.
Sometimes, all you need is a little nudge to get you started. This is why I have selected quotes that will remind you why you’re studying in the first place.
I am confident that these motivational quotes should be enough to fuel your study session.
Quotes to study harder
These inspirational quotes for students will boost your self-esteem and make you study harder!
- Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do. — Pelé, a Brazilian football legend.
- Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work. — Stephen King, author.
- Difficulty is the excuse history never accepts. — Edward R. Murrow, journalist and war correspondent.
- I don’t love studying. I hate studying. I like learning. Learning is beautiful. — Natalie Portman, actress.
- If you work hard enough and assert yourself, and use your mind and imagination, you can shape the world to your desires. — Malcolm Gladwell, author.
- I do not know anyone who has got to the top without hard work. That is the recipe. It will not always get you to the top, but it should get you pretty near. — Margaret Thatcher, former British Prime Minister.
- Learning is the only thing the mind never exhausts, never fears, and never regrets. — Leonardo da Vinci, inventor, and polymath.
- That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do; not that the nature of the thing itself is changed, but that our power to do is increased. — Ralph Waldo Emerson, lecturer, and poet.
- All great achievements require time. — Maya Angelou, a famous poet.
- Winners embrace hard work. They love the discipline of it, the trade-off they’re making to win. Losers, on the other hand, see it as punishment. And that’s the difference. — Lou Holtz, American football coach.
- Successful people begin where failures leave off. Never settle for ‘just getting the job done.’ Excel! — Tom Hopkins, motivational speaker.
- All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them. — Walt Disney, a pioneer of animated cartoon films.
- Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. – Mahatma Gandhi, activist.
- The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Work is the key to success, and hard work can help you accomplish anything. – Vince Lombardi, American football coach.
- However difficult life is, no matter how many failures you go through, I hope that you will be able to finish your homework and learn a few more things today. – Nathan Brunner, editor at salarship.com.
These motivational quotes will show you what you get out of studying:
- You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great. — Zig Ziglar, famous author, and motivational speaker.
- If people knew how hard I worked to achieve my mastery, it wouldn’t seem so wonderful after all. — Michelangelo, artist.
- Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle. — Abraham Lincoln, 16th president of the United States of America.
- If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door. — Milton Berle, notorious comedian.
- You can have anything you want if you are willing to give up the belief that you can’t have it. — Robert Anthony, professor of management at Harvard Business school.
- I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have. – Thomas Jefferson, principal author of the Declaration of Independence.
- Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later. — Og Mandino, author.
- Some people dream of great accomplishments, while others stay awake and do them. — Anonymous.
- The capacity to learn is a gift; the ability to learn is a skill; the willingness to learn is a choice. — Brian Herbert, American author.
- If it’s important to you, you’ll find a way. If not, you’ll find an excuse. — Ryan Blair, entrepreneur, and author.
- Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day. — Jim Rohn, businessman and self-made millionaire.
- The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today. — H. Jackson Brown Jr., author.
- If you set your goals ridiculously high and it’s a failure, you will fail above everyone else’s success. — James Cameron, notorious filmmaker.
- There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure. — Colin Powell, first African-American secretary of state.
- The starting point of all achievement is desire. — Napoleon Hill, American self-help author.
Everyone fails, and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. The most successful people fall sometimes, but they stand back up — and that’s what makes them great!
If you failed your exam or got a few bad grades, these 10 quotes will help you come back at your challenges thrice stronger.
- Failure isn’t fatal, but failure to change might be. — John Wooden, basketball coach.
- Success is most often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable. — Coco Chanel, French fashion designer.
- The phoenix must burn to emerge. — Janet Fitch, author.
- If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original. — Ken Robinson, author, speaker and advisor.
- Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever. — Lance Armstrong, won 7 Tour de France.
- Giving up is the only sure way to fail. — Gena Showalter, bestselling author.
- It’s not how far you fall, but how high you bounce that counts. — Zig Ziglar, author.
- There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure. — Paulo Coelho, Brazilian novelist.
- When you take risks you learn that there will be times when you succeed and there will be times when you fail, and both are equally important. — Ellen DeGeneres, famous personality.
- What is the point of being alive if you don’t at least try to do something remarkable? — John Green, Youtube content creator.
These quotes will inspire students to become more of a doer than a shirker:
- An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. — Benjamin Franklin, writer, and polymath.
- It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one. — George Washington, first president of the United States of America.
- Excuses are lies wrapped up in reasons — Howard Wright, professional basketball player.
- A man can fail many times, but he isn’t a failure until he begins to blame somebody else. — John Burroughs, essayist.
- You can have results or excuses, not both. — Arnold Schwarzenegger, bodybuilder and politician.
- Excuses are for people who don’t want it bad enough. — Anonymous.
- An excuse is a way of promising ourselves that we will have the same issue again. — Henry Cloud, clinical psychologist.
- He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else. — Benjamin Franklin, inventor and diplomat.
- Never make excuses. Your friends don’t need them and your foes won’t believe them. — John Wooden, basketball coach.
- I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took any excuse. — Florence Nightingale, statistician.
Never lose hope again
If you feel like you’re withering on your goals or tired of chasing them, here are 10 quotes that will bring you back to life:
- It always seems impossible until it’s done. — Nelson Mandela, South African revolutionary.
- It is better to risk starving to death than surrender. If you give up on your dreams, what’s left? — Jim Carrey, notorious comedian.
- Don’t give up on your dreams, or your dreams will give up on you. — John Wooden, American basketball coach.
- I can’t imagine a person becoming a success who doesn’t give this game of life everything he’s got. — Walter Cronkite, journalist.
- The only thing worse than starting something and failing… is not starting something. — Seth Godin, author and entrepreneur.
- I don’t focus on what I’m up against. I focus on my goals and I try to ignore the rest. — Venus Williams, tennis player.
- You measure the size of the accomplishment by the obstacles you have to overcome to reach your goals. — Booker T. Washington, leading African Amercian intelectual.
- You are never too old to set a new goal or to dream a new dream. — C.S. Lewis, scholar and novelist.
- The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do. — Steve Jobs, charismatic leader.
- If something is important enough, even if the odds are against you, you should still do it. — Elon Musk, entrepreneur.
Hopefully, these motivational quotes have given you hope and have encouraged you to give it your all when it comes to your studies. Feel free to save my favorite quotes or share these motivational study quotes on your social profile to help your classmates and friends.
- Best bible verses for students – these bible motivational quotes for students will also help you study harder.