Do you want to write a job description that attracts competent marketing assistants?
Good news: we have put together a job description template that you can adapt to your needs!
Choose the right job title
Your job title is the first thing that candidates see!
It is crucial to choose a job title that accurately describes the tasks and responsibilities of your position. Here are some job titles you can use to hire marketing assistants:
- Marketing assistant (broad term)
- Digital advertising assistant (to advertise your products and services with an online advertising campaign)
- Content marketer (promotion by publishing engaging content on your website and social media)
- Internet marketing assistant (encompasses content marketing, digital advertising, and other online marketing strategies)
Write a descriptive job summary
A job summary is an overview of the expectations that come with the job. It introduces the main point of the job description, like key responsibilities, functions, and duties.
Here’s a job summary template that you can adapt to your position:
Our law firm is looking for a creative marketing assistant to carry out support duties such as clerical, advertising, distribution, and sales tasks. Responsibilities also include conducting online surveys, updating databases, and reporting the results to the marketing manager.A great marketing assistant has strong communication skills and knowledge of CMR tools. The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s degree in marketing (or related field) and at least one year of hands-on experience.
Responsibilities and duties
Here you should outline the tasks to be executed on a regular basis and how the job functions.
The responsibilities of marketing assistants usually are:
- Administer surveys and hand out promotional materials.
- Update spreadsheets, databases, and inventories.
- Undertake routine administrative tasks.
- Help launch marketing campaigns on different mediums including ads, posters, brochures, web pages, social media, press releases, etc.
- Assisting with promotional activities.
- Conduct competitive, market, and customer research.
Qualifications and skills
Typical qualifications/requirements include:
- Preferred: Administration, sales, or marketing experience.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, psychology, or related field.
Successful marketing assistants should have the following skills and traits:
- Understanding of introductory marketing and communications principles
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with social media management (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of marketing softwares and online applications such as CRM tools, Online analytics, Google Adwords, etc.
More information about the job
Here is some useful information to take into consideration before hiring a marketing assistant:
- Salary: $16 per hour (on average).
- Training time: a few weeks.
- Workload: at least 15 hours per week.