Get paid to play with dogs
Rover needs a dog walker in Boston!
If you love animals and want a side job that is low stress, working part-time as a dog walker might be a good fit for you.
Benefits of Working as a Dog Walker
There are many benefits of dog walking for Rover:
- Improve your fitness: dog walkers get the opportunity to take a breath of fresh air!
- Get paid to play with dogs: set up your own prices.
- Time and location flexibility: you can set your availabilities in the Rover app.
- You can choose which dogs you want to walk: Set size, age, and other dog preferences that work for you.
Responsibilities of Dog Walkers
Dog walker job responsibilities include:
- Walk multiple dogs (each dog walking session takes a half-hour or a full hour).
- Pick up and dispose of pet waste during walks.
- Dog owners can ask you to feed the dog as needed and check the water supply to make sure basic needs are met after walks.
Making money by walking multiple dogs might seem like a dream job. However, there are some requirements:
- Pass an enhanced background check.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- You might also need to follow an ongoing pet care education and pass the Rover walker certification.
The ideal candidate is a dog owner or someone who has extensive experience with dogs and understands dog behavior. It is also recommended to have excellent customer service skills, physical stamina, and respect for the pet owners’ confidentiality.
Dog Walker Salary
The average salaries for Rover.com dog walkers in Boston, MA is $16 per hour according to Indeed.
Payments go through Rover’s platform, so you never have to collect money from dog owners.
Rover is the most popular dog walking app: it is available in 10,000+ cities and boasts over 85,000 dog walkers.
There are many other opportunities to make money on Rover.com:
- Dog walker: Pick up dog walks that fit your schedule, take a stroll in the park, and dispose of dog waste.
- Pet sitter (highest earners): Become a dog sitter (or cat sitter!) overnight in your home or the pet owners’ home.
- Doggy daycare: Ideal for work-from-home dog lovers.
- Dog trainer: Get paid to train dogs.
Dog lovers like this pet sitting app because you can set your hours and pricing.
Employment type: part-time.
Similar jobs: dog walking jobs in Boston.