Website Rover USA
Get paid to play with dogs
Kingsburg, CA — Rover is looking for a pawsome dog walker.
Are you a dog lover who enjoys spending time outdoors? Do you have a passion for keeping furry friends healthy and happy? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Rover is seeking a reliable and energetic candidate to join our team as a Pawsome Dog Walker. As a dog walker, you will be responsible for providing exceptional care and exercise for dogs in your local area.
Pawsome Dog Walker Duties
- Show up at the owner’s home on time.
- Take the dogs for a walk, don’t forget to bring your leash!
- Make sure dogs get enough exercise and time to relieve themselves
- Pick up and dispose of dog waste during walks
- Adhere to Rover’s policies and procedures to ensure the highest level of care for all pets
There are many advantages to walking our furry four-legged:
- Flexible dog walking schedule, you can set up your hours on the app
- Pet sitters can set their own rates on the app
- Get paid to spend time with your favorite pets
Even though dog walking does not require a high school diploma, the ideal candidate for this position will possess:
- A love for dogs and a desire to provide exceptional care
- Prior experience with walking dogs or knowledge of dog behavior
- Must be 18 years old, or older.
- Must be punctual a pup-promenader 🙂
The Estimated Salary Near Kingsburg Is $16 per Hour
You set your own prices for dog walker jobs and get paid by the hour. Based on data from users, we estimate that the average salary for Rover’s dog walkers in the area of Kingsburg, CA is $16 per hour.
Payments go through the platform, so dog walkers never have to collect money from dog owners. Withdrawals are available via Paypal within two days. Withdrawals by check incur a small fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I apply for the job? Hit the quick apply button, then register on Rover. You will need to provide personal information and pass a background check.
- How long does it take to pass the background check? According to Rover, it takes two days to complete the background check. Then, it will take 5-10 additional days to review your profile.
- Which other services are available besides dog walking? Dog owners hire on the Rover platform for multiple reasons. Currently available: dog sitting jobs, pet sitting jobs, pet care jobs, dog training jobs, and dog daycare jobs.
How It Feels Like to Work With Rover USA
Working With Rover USA Might Look Like This
I recently spent a week as a dog walker for Rover, and I must say, it was quite an experience. While there were some enjoyable moments, I also encountered a few challenges along the way.
One of the highlights of my week was walking a lively Golden Retriever named Max. He was bursting with energy and constantly pulling on the leash. It took some serious arm strength to keep up with him! Despite the workout, Max's enthusiasm was contagious, and I couldn't help but smile as he happily bounded through the park, tail wagging furiously.
On another occasion, I had the pleasure of walking a shy and timid Chihuahua named Bella. She was initially hesitant to leave her owner's side, but with some patience and gentle encouragement, she gradually started to trust me. It was heartwarming to witness Bella's transformation from a nervous pup to a more confident and curious explorer. Seeing her little tail wagging tentatively made my day.
Of course, not every walk was sunshine and rainbows. There was one particularly rainy day when I was assigned to walk a large and energetic Labrador named Buster. As soon as we stepped outside, he seemed to forget about the rain and went into full-on zoomies mode. Trying to control a wet and muddy dog while avoiding slipping myself was quite the challenge. By the end of the walk, both Buster and I were soaked to the bone. It was a messy adventure, to say the least.
Another memorable incident involved a mischievous Beagle named Charlie. While I was distracted by another dog passing by, Charlie managed to slip out of his collar and darted off into the distance. Panic set in as I chased after him, calling his name frantically. Thankfully, after what felt like an eternity, Charlie eventually tired himself out and allowed me to catch up to him. It was a nerve-wracking experience, but it taught me the importance of maintaining a firm grip on the leash at all times.
Overall, my week as a dog walker for Rover had its ups and downs. I enjoyed the companionship of the dogs and the opportunity to explore different neighborhoods and parks. However, it also reminded me that dog walking can be physically demanding and unpredictable. It's essential to be prepared for any situation and to adapt quickly to ensure the safety and well-being of the furry friends in my care.Salary: $16 per hour (estimation).
Employment type: part-time.
Exact location: Kingsburg, CA, 93631.