Get paid to play with dogs
Rover needs a dog walker near Texas City!
If you love dogs and want a side job that is low stress, working part-time as a dog walker might be a good fit for you.
As a professional dog walker, Rover will help you get in touch with nearby pet parents. Once you are approved on Rover, you will be able to make money walking dogs in your neighborhood.
Benefits of Working as a Dog Walker
There are many benefits of dog walking for Rover:
- Improve your fitness: get the opportunity to take a breath of fresh air!
- Get paid to play with dogs: set up your prices.
- Flexible schedule: you can set your availabilities in the Rover app and walk dogs on your own schedule.
- You can choose which dogs you want to walk: Set size, age, and other dog preferences that work for you.
Responsibilities of Dog Walkers
Dog walker job responsibilities include:
- Walk multiple dogs (each dog walking session takes a half-hour or a full hour).
- Pick up and dispose of pet waste during walks.
- Dog owners can ask you to feed the dog as needed and check the water supply to ensure basic needs are met after walks.
Making money by walking multiple dogs might seem like a dream job. However, dog walker jobs have the following requirements:
- Pass an enhanced background check.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- You might also need to follow an ongoing pet care education and pass the Rover walker certification.
The ideal candidate is a dog owner or someone who has extensive experience with dogs and understands dog behavior. It is also recommended to have excellent customer service skills, physical stamina, and respect for the pet owners’ confidentiality.
Dog Walker Salary
The average salaries for Rover dog walkers in Texas City, TX is $16 per hour according to Indeed.
Payments go through Rover’s platform, so you never have to collect money from dog owners.
Rover is the most popular dog walking app: it is available in 10,000+ cities and boasts over 85,000 dog walkers.
There are many other part-time jobs to make money on Rover.com:
- Dog walker: Pick up dog walks that fit your schedule, take a stroll in the park, walk dogs for 30 minutes and dispose of dog waste.
- Pet sitter (highest earners): pet sitters/dog sitters take care of pets while the owners are on vacation.
- Dog care: Ideal for work-from-home dog pet care professionals.
- Dog trainer: Get paid to train dogs.
Dog lovers like this pet sitting app because you can set your hours and pricing.
Employment type: part-time.
Exact location: Texas City, TX, 77510.