Your time. Your goals. You're the boss.
DoorDash needs to hire delivery drivers (dashers) near Boston, MA!
As a Dasher, your job is to make deliveries on behalf of those local restaurants and grocery stores.
Whenever a customer places an order, Dashers earn money by picking up the order and delivering it directly to the customer.
Delivery Driver Duties for DoorDash
- Delivering items to clients in a safe and timely manner.
- Follow assigned delivery routes.
- Accepting payments for delivered items.
- Food delivery drivers have to follow time schedules.
Delivery Driver Requirements
- You can use any mode of transportation: car, bicycle, or motorcycle.
- You must be 18 or older.
- A smartphone and the DoorDash application are required.
- You must provide a valid driver’s license.
- Consent to background checks and have a clean driving record.
The ideal delivery driver has excellent customer service skills and cares about customer satisfaction.
Perks of working as a Dasher
There are many reasons to work as a delivery driver for DoorDash:
- You don’t need any prior work experience.
- You get the opportunity to set your own hours.
- Freedom to Dash in Boston and in neighboring cities.
Delivering with DoorDash, you get flexibility and financial stability!
Salary of Delivery Drivers for DoorDash
You will earn between $15-$25 an hour.
There are three ways to make money as a Dasher:
- Base pay: it’s DoorDash’s base contribution for each order. This will range from $2-10+ depending on the estimated time, distance, and desirability of the order.
- Promotions: they are additional pay for orders that meet certain conditions. For example, on a busy day, you can earn extra money for each delivery.
- Tip: Customers can leave a tip when they check out or after the delivery is completed. 100% of tips are yours on top of base pay and promotions.
As a delivery driver for DoorDash, you have to pay for all your business expenses. That includes mobile usage, gas, and delivery vehicles insurance.
DoorDash Inc. operates an online food ordering and food delivery platform. DoorDash is the largest food delivery company in the United States. DoorDash also has a 60% market share in the convenience delivery categories: foods, drinks, and groceries.