Your time. Your goals. You're the boss.
DoorDash needs a food delivery driver to make deliveries from local restaurants and grocery stores.
Whenever a customer places an order on the DoorDash app, Dashers earn money by picking up the food and delivering it directly to the customer.
Food delivery for DoorDash is better than ridesharing for Uber. In fact, you do not have to deal with annoying passengers in your car, and you can use any vehicle you want, including a car, bicycle, and motorcycle.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Deliver food from restaurant to customers
- As a delivery driver for DoorDash, you have to pay for all your business expenses, including mobile usage, gas, and delivery vehicles insurance
- Adhere to safe driving rules: do not text or check the DoorDash app while driving, wear your safety belt, and drive at the speed limit
- Keep a positive attitude and have excellent customer service
- Accept payments for delivered items
- Keep customer satisfaction score above a certain threshold
- Delivery drivers should be 18 years of age or older
- Driver license number
- A delivery vehicle: car, scooter, or bicycle
- Consent to a background check
- Clean driving record
- No high school diploma / High School diploma or GED is not required!
- Provide social security number
Dashers typically earn between $15-$25 an hour near Kenton.
There are three ways to make money as a Dasher:
- Base pay: it’s DoorDash’s base contribution for each order. This will range from $2-10+ depending on the estimated time, distance, and desirability of the order.
- Promotions: they are additional pay for orders that meet certain conditions. For example, on a busy day, you can earn extra money for each delivery.
- Tip: Customers can leave a tip when they check out or after the delivery is completed. 100% of tips are yours on top of base pay and promotions.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need any experience to be a DoorDash driver? No experience is required to work as a delivery driver for DoorDash.
- How long does it take to sign up as a dasher? The signup process takes a few minutes, and the background check takes a few days. Most food delivery drivers can start within a week.
- How often do I get paid? You get paid on a weekly basis via direct deposit.
Employment type: part-time.