Website Metro Group Inc.
Wasatch Metals is a premier metal recycling company servicing the Intermountain West region. As part of the Metro Group, Inc. family, Wasatch Metals is committed to providing quality customer service coupled with integrity. Our experience is second to none; and over the years we have worked with thousands of customers, from local residents with a few pounds of cans to large companies with truckloads of scrap material. We have an exciting opportunity as a Cashier.
- Do you enjoy creating a “WOW” customer service experience? We are looking for someone who is friendly and outgoing. You will often be Wasatch’s initial contact with customers, drivers, vendors and visitors. If you are willing to go the extra mile to help others with their questions or needs, you will be very popular here. Ideally you should be courteous, friendly and professional, both on the phone and in person.
- Do you like things to be organized and accurate? The cashier will be preparing loading authorizations, shipping documents, recording payments and handling our accounts payable. Attention to detail and accuracy is critical for your success.
- If you like a variety of duties, this is the perfect role for you. As Cashier, you will be interacting with customers, vendors, and a variety of our employees. A typical day might include paying customers, a visit to the bank, preparing shipping documents for our drivers, answering phones, entering accounts payable and filing.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- At least one (1) year of cashier or customer service experience preferred.
- Detail-orientated and accurate data entry.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Good verbal & written communication skills and cooperate with others.
- Good attendance and punctuality is a must. Ability to work M-F, 8am-5pm, and occasionally on Saturdays. No holiday or evening work required!
- Ability to learn new software and procedures quickly and accurately.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a HUGE plus!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life/AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account/Health Savings Account
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 7 paid holidays
- 401k w/ Metro matching up to 4% (employees eligible after 1 year of employment)
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus
- Safety Incentives
- Company Holiday Party
- Company Summer Employee & Family Party
- Extra Mile Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Currently offering a temporary 5% retention bonus paid bi-weekly