Website Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
This role receives guidance and training from workplace design team members. The Assistant Facilities Project Manager will assist in the management of facilities improvement project and support CAD technology in creation of designs and construction documents as appropriate. The level of work is considered entry level and staff will work under direct supervision. This position has no direct reports. This position will be onsite.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Support and manage all aspects of small space renovation projects and processes, including programming, planning, design detailing, construction documents and construction administration
- Execute moves and manage small work order requests
- Creates space plans and construction documents for projects throughout the Bank facility
- Assists project managers to coordinate engineering requirements for MEP and structural systems design; integrates consultant information with architectural documents
- Coordinates with in-house trades or General Contractor staff to successfully execute projects.
- Serves as liaison among client, Facilities and vendors, including; conducting status meetings, communicating regularly with key stakeholders and responding quickly to problems and resolving them appropriately
- Assists Project Managers in managing vendor and consultant relationships, may assist in providing guidance and oversight with respect to the General Contractors purchasing to ensure adherence to diversity guidelines
- Works closely with Project Accountant to track costs of project, reviews invoices and correspondence and approves payment; summarizes financial status of projects
- Supports Project Accountant in preparation of reports and adherence to project/bank goals
- At the guidance of the workplace design team members, develop project schedules and budgets
- Works closely with Contract Administrator and Procurement to specify goods and services and assist in the purchase, contract, installation and follow-up services
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Construction Management or Interior Design or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge in Computer Aided Design (CAD), Revit, MS Project,
- About 3 years of related work experience
- Project management
- Excel and Word
- All Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and receive a booster shot within 30 days of being eligible to do so, unless the Bank grants an accommodation based on medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, 401k savings plan, retirement plan, paid time off and transit benefit.
- A continuous learning environment with opportunities to gain new skills and grow your career.
- Onsite gym and subsidized cafeteria
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex,national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
As a condition of employment, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago employees must comply with the Bank’s ethics rules, which generally prohibit employees, their spouses/domestic partners, and minor children from owning securities, such as stock, of banks or savings associations or their affiliates, such as bank holding companies and savings and loan holding companies. If you or your spouse/domestic partner or minor child own such securities, and would not be willing or able to divest them if you accepted an offer of Bank employment, you should raise this issue with the recruiter for this posting, who can provide you contact information for our ethics official if necessary.
This document indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. An employee’s responsibilities, tasks, and duties might differ from those outlined in the job description, and other duties, as assigned, are a part of the job. The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago reserves the right to modify the elements of this job description, as business needs require.
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Job Exempt (Yes / No)
First (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.