Website The DeWitt Companies
This Class A CDL Delivery Driver will be primarily responsible for driving automatic single axle tractor trailers to move goods between our various warehouses located on Ualena Street. This position is a full-time second shift position that is scheduled to work from 1400-2230 hours, Monday through Friday, however, individuals in this job may be required to work overtime or on holidays as needed. Individuals being considered for this job MUST comply with DOT regulations, hours of service requirements, and company driving policies and safety protocols.
- Transport trailers between our warehouses located on Ualena Street so that goods can be unloaded for storage or loaded to prepare them for shipping.
- Hook and unhook trailers to attach or release them from the tractor trailer chassis.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions at our warehouses or shipping docks.
- Communicate clearly with dispatchers, co-workers, and customers.
- Complete daily driver logs
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical defects and/or safety issues before and file pre/post trip reports to document the results.
- Report defects, accidents, and/or moving violations in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, or laws.
Required Knowledge Skills/Abilities
- Knowledge of traffic laws and DOT regulations governing commercial vehicle operation.
- Ability to verbally communicate in a clear and professional manner.
- Ability to read work related materials and complete written reports.
- Ability to drive safely and defensively on various types of roads and in warehouse loading/unloading areas.
- Ability to identify and avoid hazardous conditions while driving.
Required Physical Abilities
- Ability to pass DOT mandated (pre-employment and random) drug/alcohol screens
- Ability to drive a commercial vehicle for extended periods of time.
- Ability to crouch, bend, sit, and climb.
- Vision abilities required by the job include both near and far vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- 1 year of professional full time commercial driving experience. Experience moving and reversing commercial vehicles in a warehouse setting a plus.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must possess a valid Class A CDL License
- Clean driving record.
- Medical, Vision & Dental
- FSA Medical and Dependent
- Supplemental benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
Must obtain HAZMAT endorsement AND TWIC card within 6 months of being hired.
Must be able to obtain a DOT Medical card upon being hired.
Royal Hawaiian is part The DeWitt Companies, a fourth-generation family of five sister companies that provides relocation, logistics, warehousing and freight forwarding services to businesses, households and military customers all over the world.
We have been an industry leader since we opened our doors in 1982. With a wealth of experience, our late founder Richard L. DeWitt knew what it would take to establish the leading transportation company in the Hawaiian Islands: a commitment to quality, unmatched by the competition.
Royal Hawaiian Movers is one of the largest transportation and moving companies in the state and one of the only companies to have its own trucks and warehouses on all four Hawaiian Islands. Our personalized service is reflected through our knowledgeable staff. Many of whom have been with us for over 35 years.
Equal Opportunity Employer-Women/Veterans/Minorities/Disabled
Powered by JazzHR