Website University of Southern California
The University of Southern California (USC) department of Financial and Business Services (FBS) is seeking a Customer Service Representative to join its team with USCard Services. USCard Services provides the USC community of students, faculty, staff and affiliates physical identification credentials and manages associated services, such as access control to university facilities, student meal plan and discretionary accounts, faculty/staff payroll deduction accounts, Mailing, Ticket Office and Cashier Office services.
The Work You Will Do
The Customer Service Representative provides customer service to students, faculty, staff, parents, affiliates, internal departmental partners and external customers. These services include, but are not limited to, processing in person and online USC ID applications and issuance of a USC ID, assisting with access control requests, Mailing Services, Ticket Office and Cashier Office functions, answering phones, responding to customer emails through a ticketing system, and processing payments for sale of goods. The CSR will be required to be proficient with departmental processes, policies and procedures and will assist customers by resolving issues, offering solutions, explanations, options or working with University partners to find appropriate solutions. May lead student workers. Works under general supervision. The work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5pm. Overtime is required during specific times of the year, primarily Fall and Spring registration periods, move-in each semester and for preparation of new student orientation events in the summer. This position may require travel between the University Park Campus and Health Sciences Campus USCard Services offices as needed.
TheCustomer Service Representative
- Provides customer service to students, faculty, staff and external customers. Meets customer needs, offers options, resolves problems and follows up with customers. Ensures full customer satisfaction without unnecessarily referring customer to other staff members. Maintains friendly, helpful demeanor.
- Provides information regarding policies and procedures, terms and programs relating to service area for students, parents, faculty, administrators, staff, and outside customers.
- Identifies and prioritizes problems and issues related to service area. Performs research, offers solutions, options and strategies. Refers to appropriate person or department as needed, and/or arranges for service. Gathers data as necessary for related offices such as Financial Aid, Admissions, Student Conduct and student issues using the University Information Systems. Tracks problem status until resolution is achieved. Maintains close contact with customer to give updates on progress toward resolution of issue or service request.
- Uses information systems to input data, maintains databases, performs research for projects or issues, generates reports, etc.
- Studies and maintains currency with all applicable policies and procedures, contracts and related legal issues.
- Interprets terms and conditions of contracts, authorizes change/exceptions to contract terms, generates contracts or forms for distribution.
- Processes applications, releases, cancellations, adjustments, changes, requests, fees, invoices and other related paperwork. Maintains quality/quantity standards.
- Verifies contracts or forms for completeness and accuracy of information.
- Updates and maintains all necessary records and/or logs.
- Represents department to students, parents, faculty, administrators, staff and other outside customers. May act as representative for department at internal committee meetings such as Customer Service Planning Group. Makes formal presentations as assigned.
- Trains, schedules, assigns and prioritizes workloads. Interprets operating policies and procedures. Ensures timely completion of department’s work. May lead student workers. Notifies appropriate personnel in the event of an emergency. Maintains complete and accurate records of all student-or staff-related safety incidents.
- Provides services including processing and delivery of mail and packages, e.g.. UPS, Federal Express, Airborne, and U.S. Post Office. Receives key deposits and issues keys and/or maintains and balances a cash drawer on a daily basis. Assists in set up and scheduling of special events/promotions and equipment rental. Responsible for 24-hour pager coverage during holidays and weekends.
- Composes memos and letters based on knowledge of departmental and University policies and procedures. Compiles statistical reports and studies as requested. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- In the event of an emergency, the employee holding this position is required to “report to duty” in accordance with the university’s Emergency Operations Plan and/or the employee’s department’s emergency response and/or recovery plans. Familiarity with those plans and regular training to implement those plans is required. During or immediately following an emergency, the employee will be notified to assist in the emergency response efforts, and mobilize other staff members if needed.
The ideal candidate for the position of Customer Service Representative meets the following preferred qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 years of related experience
- Student counseling, customer service
All candidates for the position of Customer Service Representative must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- High school or equivalent
- Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
- Minimum 1 years of related experience
- Previous customer service experience
Compensation And Benefits
The benefits-eligible position of job title is a Non-Exempt position ($22.39/hourly based pay)
About USC Financial And Business Services
The USC department of Financial and Business Services is comprised of Business Services, Student Financial Services, Ticket Office and USCard Services. We aim to provide exceptional customer service and are here to help the University community! We value Accountability, Teamwork, Open Communication, Integrity, and Opportunities for Growth & Professional Development. Join us – apply today!
Minimum Education: High school or equivalent, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 1 year, Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience Minimum Field of Expertise: Customer service