Dice is the leading career destination for tech experts at every stage of their careers. Our client, Synergis, is seeking the following. Apply via Dice today!
Data Center Server Hardware Engineer
12 Month Contract | Atlanta, GA (Onsite)
Synergis’ client has engaged us in a search for a Data Center Server Hardware Engineer. The candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of experience maintaining, repairing, troubleshooting, and provisioning servers in a data center environment. The ideal candidate would have prior experience with maintaining inventory preferably with a DCIM software.
Data Center Server Hardware Engineer | Background and Scope
- Knowledge of architecture and systems administration processes for Microsoft Windows
- Engineer, install, configure, repair, and maintain physical servers
- Maintain accurate data center inventory for all DC hardware
- Work with the virtualization team to convert physical to virtualized servers
- Implement, test, QA, and production configurations
- Work with business partners, other IT support organizations, and vendors to strategize, plan and lead continual improvements in systems design, enhancements, and technology upgrades
- Provide direction and oversight in escalations to meet service objectives
- Create updates and comply with SOPs and other documentation (ex. Change and configuration management.)
- Participates in efforts to drive efficiencies and meet business agreements
- Evaluates and validates problems & drives problem resolution
- Provide Customer service – although their work is mostly analytical, Hardware Engineers must possess a strong customer orientation, as they provide technical support as requested and explain complex topics in layman’s terms
- Coordinate vendor activity and support as an escalation point for issues
- Deployment, management, upgrades, and support of server management technologies
- Ability to effectively communicate with the team and management for any issues and needs.
Data Center Server Hardware Engineer | Requirements
- 5-10 years of experience with server hardware troubleshooting and repairing experience with multiple OEM vendors with a focus on HPE and Dell hardware including rack mount and blade servers and hyper converged infrastructure.
- Technical Experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Excellent writing, communication, collaboration, and listening skills
- The ability to be in a 24/7 on-call rotation
- Ability to use various console technologies for troubleshooting
- Teamwork and willingness to teach and train.
- Prior experience maintaining data center inventory with DCIM software preferably (Sunbird)
- Experience with change control and ticketing platforms
- Experience in documenting process flows and step by step instructions
Data Center Server Hardware Engineer | Additional Skills:
- Experience supporting server hardware in a large, enterprise environment.
- 3+ years’ experience in an IT systems and Network Services Delivery environment supporting Wintel Systems and TCP/IP Networks
- VMware experience – Hardware Engineers could have proficiency with vSphere, vSAN, and other VMware products and platforms.
- Adept at network engineering, with working knowledge of firewalls, servers, networks, and operating systems
- Technical writing – Hardware Engineers must be comfortable with technical writing if they are to produce documentation about infrastructure design, quality standards, testing procedures, and other essential project information. Likewise, they must be able to interpret diagrams and system plans
- Troubleshooting – it’s important for Hardware Engineers to be excellent problem-solvers who can determine the main source of product issues and provide quick, elegant solutions
- Attention to detail – when building and maintaining computer infrastructure, Hardware Engineers must ensure that all details are correct, from software code to configuration settings, to avoid malfunctions, bugs, and security breaches
- Desire to develop and deploy infrastructure for the future with private cloud and automation capabilities.
Data Center Server Hardware Engineer | Other:
- Any offer of employment will be contingent on the successful completion of a full background check and drug screen
- Atlanta based candidates
- Position is currently onsite 5 days a week
About Our Client
Our client is one of the nation’s premier transportation companies. They operate approximately 19,500 route miles in 22 states and the District of Columbia, serves every major container port in the eastern United States, and provides efficient connections to other rail carriers. Our client operates the most extensive intermodal network in the East and is a major transporter of coal, automotive, and industrial products.
- provided by Dice