Website Delta Air Lines
United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Ref #: 15985
How you’ll help us Keep Climbing (overview & key responsibilities)
The successful candidates serve as an engineer within the TechOps Engineering organization. The tasks associated with this role are specific to the engineering group and include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Entry Into Service / Innovative Project
- Responsible for the overall design definition, integration, installation, and certification in support of corporate strategic and tactical initiatives
- Provide guidance, oversight, and priority for technical direction for engineering development and requirements definition
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all FAA, DOT, and Delta procedures with regard to the issuance of engineering documentation
- Effectively communicate to all stakeholders the milestones of successfully completing engineering projects
- Continuously manage technical process improvements for entry into service and innovative projects (i.e. playbook, TOPP changes)
- Leave the office environment and goes to hangar, line, shop, planning and other support groups to gain details necessary to complete accurate project.
What You Need To Succeed (minimum Qualifications)
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- For internal candidates, must be performing satisfactorily in current position.
- Accept personal responsibility for assignments and acts with a sense of urgency when initiating the necessary steps to complete them. Asks appropriate questions to ensure complete understanding of the task / objective so that solutions do not negatively impact safety, schedules or budgets.
- Ability to recognize that shifting priorities and changing objectives are normal in a business environment. Able to develop data under guidance or based on similar work in past and/or provides feasible solutions to problems with low uncertainty.
- Demonstrate to team and leader that when tasks are assigned, timeline and quality commitments are met to the established goal.
- Approach work with an open mind, understands he/she will have limitations and accepts feedback for development. Acts with integrity and shows value for others.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.