Dewberry is seeking an Entry Level Transportation Engineer to join our Transportation Group in our Boston, MA office, May of 2022. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join a team of outstanding professionals. This position offers tremendous potential for professional growth in a great working environment and the opportunity to apply the latest technology to help our clients solve their most challenging problems. The individual will work as part of a team in all facets of transportation engineering under the direction of a senior engineer including design of horizontal and vertical alignments, drainage systems, erosion and sediment control, development of maintenance and protection of traffic schemes, and preparation of construction and right-of-way acquisition plans for a variety of project types and clients.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (with emphasis in Transportation) required
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Proficiency using AutoCAD required; experience with Civil3D and MicroStation is a plus
- Experience working on MassDOT plans is preferred
- Working knowledge of MassDOT standards preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office software
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) is preferred
- In accordance with applicable Executive Order 14042 and related requirements, all prospective hires for this position, performing work for the federal government, will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19, or qualify for an exemption to this vaccination requirement. Such proof of vaccination, or written request for exemption, will be required, following receipt of written offer.
- At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
- Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
- Only recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.