Website Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP, a premier international law firm with over 1,600 attorneys and 20 offices in major financial centers worldwide, seeks a Human Resources Assistant. The HR Assistant will report to the Human Resources Manager, and will be primarily responsible for supporting the department in a variety of HR functions. Key responsibilities include updating and maintaining personnel related data in the HRIS system (PeopleSoft) and other related databases. Primary duties include assisting with the implementation and maintenance of the Staff Performance Review Process, annual Bar registration audit, personnel file maintenance, filing, maintaining data integrity and assisting with special projects as needed. In addition, the HR Assistant will assist carrying out various human resources programs and functions.
- Assisting in the maintenance and implementation of the Staff Performance Review Process including the initial employment period evaluation, mid-year performance review process and annual performance review process.
- Providing support to the annual Bar registration audit and related firm reporting.
- Assisting with the annual review and implementation of firmwide Harassment Avoidance Training (HAT), including assigning and tracking HAT training to new hires, as necessary.
- Entering and maintaining staff, attorney, partner and alumni information data in HRIS system (PeopleSoft) and other related databases.
- Providing support for the annual compensation acknowledgement form process and audit in the designated offices.
- Assisting with background checks as needed.
- Providing back-up to processing new hire forms and follow up on any missing information or missing forms, as needed.
- Assisting with the review and audit of all I-9 forms completed throughout the firm’s US offices to ensure forms are fully and accurately completed.
- Maintaining filing for all HR related documents.
- Providing back-up support to requests for verification of employment.
- Assisting with the department email account and phone line, responding to inquiries from staff, management and attorneys from all offices.
- Responding to inquiries regarding human resources policies, procedures and programs.
- Acting as liaison for matters related to Firm’s Work Life programs.
- Providing administrative support to the Human Resources Manager and Chief HR Officer as needed.
- Performing other duties as assigned or requested, including being cross-trained in other HR areas.
- Capable of maintaining confidence of personal and highly sensitive information.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Critical thinking and sound judgment with ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated knowledge of general Human Resources practices and principles.
- Excellent customer service skills, with a high level of professionalism, and ability to interface with all levels of staff and management.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Knowledge of SharePoint desirable.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and priorities, while meeting deadlines of fast-paced environment.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in Human Resources, Business or other related field.
- One to two (1-2) years’ experience in a Human Resources department at a law firm or other professional services organization strongly desired.
- Completion or ongoing pursuit of a Professional Human Resources certification a plus.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Enterprise HRMS 9.0 or above with basic PeopleSoft query writing ideal.
Gibson Dunn will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of local law.