Website Owl Labs
Owl Labs is looking for a Part-Time IT Support Technician. You’ll solve technical problems for our distributed workforce, and help implement thoughtful cloud solutions to automate and solve for scale. We’re looking for a proactive problem solver who embraces teamwork, inclusivity, and empathy for our end users. Please note, this is a contract position with a 6-month minimum term. This position is hybrid – the ideal candidate will be able to commute into Boston and Somerville as needed.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for troubleshooting a variety of complex technical problems across a SaaS platform stack and basic office hardware (laptops, printers, etc.)
- Provide an excellent customer service experience for all users across a distributed workforce
- Triage and solve support requests via tickets, Slack, or other communication channels
- Take ownership of the IT onboarding process – account creation and licensing, hardware deployment, orientation, and any process improvements or automation that will streamline this work
- Lead technology projects, like selecting and implementing a new platform to address a specific need (e.g. a VPN provider or SSO platform), and addressing technical debt (e.g. Google Drive reorganization)
- Automate repetitive IT processes using system integrations, scripting, etc
- Help drive technical improvements and on-site support (when needed) in our Boston and Somerville office.
- 3+ years of experience working in IT or TechOps roles
- Experience supporting and managing a macOS centric environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with experience supporting employees at all levels of an organization
- Ability to commute in to Boston and Somerville for in-person support as needed
The Best Candidates Will Share Examples Of
- Grit & resilience
- Work ethic
- Teamwork & collaboration with peers / co-workers
- A measurable history of performance
- Self-awareness & coachability
Owl Labs is over 70% remote and our headquarters are based in Boston, MA. This role will be hybrid and need to commute in to Boston and Somerville as needed.
Owl Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to our values of embracing inclusivity and creating a culture where everyone feels respected and connected, no matter the location of their work environment. We invite applications from people of all walks of life and are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.
Who We Are
Owl Labs is a collaborative tech company, creating an equalized meeting and learning experience for all, wherever participants may be. Powering hybrid teams and remote work is in our DNA. Owl Labs has been a leader when it comes to celebrating and connecting hybrid teams and classrooms — meaning both in-office and remote workers, in-room students and at-home learning. We’re best known for the Meeting Owl product line, a smart 360 camera, mic, speaker all-in-one solution. Sitting in the center of the table, the Meeting Owl uses vision and voice recognition to shift the camera to focus on who’s speaking, giving all participants a feeling as if they’re in the same room. With the continued rise of hybrid teams and remote workers, our products allow for better collaboration and productivity no matter your location.
Our award-winning product, the Meeting Owl Pro, was named one of TIME magazine’s 100 Best Inventions of 2020 and has been recognized by CES Innovation Awards 2020, Red Dot Design Awards 2020, SXSW Innovation Awards 2020. Our team was recognized as an Inc. Best Workplaces 2020 and 2021 and named on the esteemed Inc.’s Editor’s List.