Website Net Friends
At Net Friends, our aim is to deliver an amazing, seamless experience to our customers, and we do this by hiring great people who are friendly, energetic, and passionate about their work; this enables our clients to receive the best in technological consultation and implementation, and most importantly, customer service. We constantly strive to preserve and improve our existing company culture, which allows our team members to have an enviable work/life balance. Join us!
YOUR ROLE AND LOCATION
You’ll serve as an integral member of our Field Services team supporting a diverse group of customers both in-person and remotely, in and around the Raleigh-Durham metro area. Travel to our headquarters in Durham, NC, as well as to customer locations in surrounding counties, will be required. In our Tier 2 Technician role, you will be an escalation point for your peers in relation to server, networking, and backup issues, as well as performing project tasks and providing staffing services; this position has an annual salary of $65,000.
What We’re Looking For
We seek a technician who possesses strong computer hardware and networking skills. Your primary focus will be identifying and resolving problems on Mac and Windows workstations, Windows servers, and complex network issues. You’ll be able to work confidently and independently (within our team structure) to provide technical support to all levels of client personnel.
Education And Previous Experience
- Five years on-the-job experience in an IT position
Technical Knowledge And Skills
- Extensive Windows 10 Professional operating system support experience
- Microsoft tools (Azure AD, Microsoft Endpoint Manager, Windows Autopilot, Microsoft 365)
- Windows Server 2012-2022 operating systems
- Experience with macOS systems
- Strong network troubleshooting skills including switching, routing, VLANs, wireless network management, and network security.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- A+ and/or Network+ certification
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900) certification
- Microsoft Modern Desktop Administrator Associate (MDAA) certification
- Apple and Linux certifications
What You Bring To The Table
- Professional presentation with an approachable personality
- Superior customer support
- Professional spoken and written communication skills, including correct usage of punctuation and grammar
- The ability to estimate task duration and accurately track time
- Reliable transportation
SOME FRIENDLY TIPS
Net Friends considers relationship-building skills, personal integrity, and thoroughly professional conduct to be just as important as technical expertise.
We really pay attention to how you introduce yourself in your cover letter. So put your best foot forward!
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- We are an equal opportunity employer.
- We offer a comprehensive benefit package including three medical options: Base, Buy-up and HDHP w/HSA (Base Plan is free for employee-only as is Dental and Vision).
- Company paid Life/AD&D, STD and LTD.
- 401K plan with match, plus generous paid days off, sick leave, and paid company holidays
- We believe in an open, collaborate environment that encourages you to learn, grow and succeed.
- Dedicated training hours for career development with certification bonuses.
- We believe in work-life balance.
READY TO BECOME A NET FRIEND?
We are ready to talk with you about joining our team – apply online today!
Powered by JazzHR