Dice is the leading career destination for tech experts at every stage of their careers. Our client, Vector Consulting, Inc, is seeking the following. Apply via Dice today!
Our Government client is looking for experienced IT Support Technician on a 6 months renewable contract opportunity in Waterbury, CT.
Position: IT Support Technician (ONSITE)
The agency is seeking a Computer (Helpdesk/LAN) Technician
Objectives for this engagement include:
Ø Desktop Services:
- Diagnose and resolve personal computer, laptops and phone problems;
- Diagnose simple software problems;
- Build and deploy tablets and laptops including configuring user specific settings;
- Install new software releases of simple to moderate complexity;
- Manage Active Directory user accounts;
- Manage agency copiers/printers;
- Implement security protocols on computer hardware;
- Assists end users in resolving hardware and software issues in person or by fielding telephone calls and email communication.
Ø Network Services (wired and wireless):
- Provide first level support for network connectivity or related network issues;
- Assist with, diagnosis and resolve simple network problems;
- Assist with the configuration of network components;
- Assist agency in updating network and adding end users to such network
- Perform related duties as required.
- Assist in Video Teleconferencing equipment installation and deployment.
- Update / maintain conference room technology on a weekly basis;
The consultant(s) will:
- Maintain project communications
- Comply with agency policies and procedures
- Review and provide feedback on measurable and achievable deliverables daily; review timelines with the project manager
- Provide daily status on the deliverables for the day
- Work with team members to facilitate technical sessions
- Address and/or escalate issues or risks to deliverables in a timely manner to prevent delays in schedules
- Use the agency supplied shared site to store and collaborate on project documentation
- Be responsible for reviewing project tasks, schedules, and resources and make changes or additions, as appropriate; measuring and evaluating progress against the Project Management Plan (PMP) with agency.
- Address and resolve deviations from the PMP
- Participate in regularly scheduled project status meetings
- Prepare and submit Weekly Status Reports to the IT Manager
- Follow the Project Change Control Procedure
- Resolve deviations from the estimated schedule
- Respond to emails in a timely manner
- Attend, in person, critical meetings as determined by agency. A schedule, as well as a regular time and format for these meetings, will be established.
All applicants for this Statement of Work must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in computer hardware/software/LAN network installation and troubleshooting. Please indicate knowledge and experience related to these areas on résumés.
- Expert in building laptops, tablets, desktops with MS Windows 10 operating system
- Proven record installing and troubleshooting software in Windows environment: MS Office, Web browsers, end user equipment such as printers (Toshiba, HP) and scanners (Fujitsu, HP)
- Proven record working with wired and wireless LAN networks, CAT5 – CAT6 cabling, network drivers installation and troubleshooting, connecting new users to the domain
- Basic knowledge of teleconferencing using MS Teams and ZOOM
- Ability to document, track and monitor end user problems to facilitate a timely resolution
- Good written and verbal communication skills with ability to provide extensive documentation as needed
- Strong experience writing documentation
- Strong ability to work with staff of varying skill levels (executive, technical and non-technical)
Nice to Haves
- A+ Certification
- CCNA Certification
Vector Consulting, Inc., (Headquartered in Atlanta) is an IT Talent Acquisition Solutions firm committed to delivering results. Since our founding in 1990, we have been partnering with our customers, understanding their business, and developing solutions with a commitment to quality, reliability and value. Our continuing growth has been and continues to be built around successful relationships that are based on our organization’s operating philosophy and commitment to ** People, Partnerships, Purpose and Performance – THE VECTOR WAY
“Celebrating 30 years of service”
- provided by Dice