Client is a successful and growing personal injury law firm located in Portland, OR dedicated themselves to serving those who need our help during their hardest times. The client works hard for our clients, so we make sure to have fun and enjoy the benefits of working with the best and most talented people in the business.
Are an energetic professional with several years of experience working in the legal field? Do you have 3+ years of experience working with injured plaintiffs, medical records and authorizations and/or setting up files? Do you have a desire to grow into a paralegal or case manager, and would look forward to training towards that career path? We are looking for a bright and energetic paralegal assistant or legal assistant to join our thriving and growing practice. Quality work and a dedication to our clients is what drives us, and we want that from you as well. We are looking for people who are driven by a desire to help, a caring approach and a mind capable of strategic thinking. This is a great job for a motivated professional looking for a long-term fit where you can grow, and where you will be valued and empowered.
- Provide administrative support to Paralegal and enhance office effectiveness
- Handle communication with clients, witnesses etc.
- Administratively support and attend trials
- Prepare case briefs and summarize depositions, interrogatories, and testimony
- Conduct investigations and statistical/documentary research
- Locate and develop case relevant information
- Type up and file basic legal documents and correspondence
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Maintain contact lists
- Monitor deadlines and juggle calendars
- Proven working experience as Legal Assistant or Legal Secretary
- Familiarity with law, legal procedures and protocols, and court system
- Satisfactory knowledge of day-to-day operations of a legal office
- Computer literacy
- Proficiency in English (Spanish is a plus)
- Working knowledge of case management software
- Excellent secretarial and organizational skills
- Ability to juggle multiple activities and work under pressure
We provide an upward trajectory and long-term career opportunities in the legal field! We provide mentorship and encouragement for energetic people wishing to forge a career with us in the legal field!