We Are Hiring
Title: Unit Assistant
Schedule: Part Time – 20 Hours per week
Hospital: Presence Resurrection Medical
Location: 7435 W. Talcott, Chicago, IL 60631
What You Will Do
Perform administrative and clerical duties in support of an assigned clinical area.
- Greet patients and visitors, answer/screen/route telephone calls, file, distribute mail and perform other general clerical duties.
- Communicate with patients, families, physicians and other healthcare team members about patient care according to protocol.
- Schedule patients for individual appointment and in a timely manner.
- Provide assistance with programs/software for Physicians/Clinicians through the order entry process, transfer and discharge.
- Assemble and maintain patient charts.
- Coordinate meetings/schedule meetings/rooms with the appropriate person, sends notices as requested.
- Maintain meeting minutes.
- Enter and maintain timekeeping changes and staff schedules in computer systems.
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Illinois, one of the largest health systems in Illinois, with 15 hospitals and over 150 sites of care, serves over 6.6 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area. A career at Ascension means you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all.
Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electornic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more inforamtion.