Website Rainier Valley Food Bank
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager is a vital part of the Warehouse Coordinator’s (WC) job, as well as working with other RVFB staff and volunteers to ensure our guests are taken care of in a manner reflective of our core organizational values of Compassion, Accountability, Resourcefulness, Effectiveness, and Sustainability. The WC is responsible for working cooperatively with the Warehouse Manager (WM) in receiving shipments of products, storing products in designated areas, and setting up the warehouse for food distribution. This position requires strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to remain calm and professional during busy operation days with a diverse community. The Warehouse Coordinator will be responsible for daily operations including our Delivery and In-Person Distribution programs. The goal is to ensure that food inventory is
professionally received, handled, maintained and distributed in accordance with Rainier Valley Food Bank policies and Washington State Food Code regulations.
- Strong people skills are a must.
- Experience managing food inventory.
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must have a current WA State Food Handler’s Permit.
- A high level of comfort working with people of many diverse socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Dependability and ability to work Tuesday – Saturday schedule
- Ability to lift 50lbs and stand 75% of the workday.
- A clean, neat appearance with a cheerful demeanor.
- Strong time management skills
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft office and email
- Foreign language skills are a plus.
- Keep up to date with food safety regulations and ensure that all food bank inventory is handled in accordance with same.
- Pack and unpack food in an orderly manner, to be stocked on shelves in the distribution room, warehouse, or storage units.
- Work with volunteer coordinator to guide volunteers and ensure volunteers are assigned to appropriate tasks.
- Support Warehouse Manager with food inventory management.
- Collaborate with distribution staff to make sure warehouse operations follow all safety requirements and regulations.
- Assess inventory and work with Warehouse Manager to plan weekly food distribution, including setting aside appropriate products for home delivery, In-person shopping and school programs
- Work collaboratively with Volunteer Coordinator to communicate distribution plans to volunteers.
- Work collaboratively with staff and volunteers on distribution days to ensure that food is re-stocked and distributed in the most efficient ways possible.
- Ensure that inside of warehouse and outside facilities are safe, clean, and clear of debris.
- Work with volunteers to ensure waist, recycle, and compost are disposed of correctly.
- Examine and inspect food and product for wear or defects and report any issues with product to WM.
- We believe that all clients, volunteers, and staff are to be treated with the utmost respect. The WC must work well with others, present a positive image to volunteers and the public, and have effective communication skills.
Rainier Valley Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability.