Working as a student in Dallas
We estimate that 61,072 students work part-time in Dallas, TX. The most popular student jobs in the region are:
- Weekend jobs: delivery driving, baristas.
- Part-time jobs: tutoring, dog walking.
- Summer jobs: internships.
Most college and high school students have no prior work experience. However, there is a big earning discrepancy between high school and university. Our data indicates that high school students earn an average of $12 an hour in Dallas while college students earn $17.
Student jobs requirements
- 15-year-olds or younger: prohibited from submitting their application.
- 16-year-olds and 17-year-olds: can apply to all jobs except for hazardous employment (such as delivery driving, see job descriptions for more information).
- 18-year-olds or older: unrestricted.
- Some part-time jobs may require a background check.